Monday, September 27, 2010

London Fashion Week

Summer 2011

I rocked up to the Romeo Pires show not knowing what to expect. What I experienced was a quite bizarre and dark show, from the eerie 'childhood' music to the white painted faces. The inspiration seemed to be school, or perhaps a Victorian school...the white shirts, pinafores and braces seemed to say school to me anyway. I love the huge drop waists, waistlines loitering at knee level aren't overly practical but coupled with the extra long shirts the slouchy effect was pretty chic. I also liked the slightly macabre prints - skulls with gold teeth and what looked like wombs or ET. I have a couple of close up pics, let me know what you think they are. Colour-wise, the collection was very basic with just stone, black and white. Like most of the London shows, the collection also featured wispy, sheer panels. To be totally honest, although I liked elements of the collection I don't think any of it really appealed to me but I would love to see the Autumn/Winter collection.













No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.wikio.co.uk My Ping in TotalPing.com powered by PRBbutton Msn bot last visit powered by  Bots Visit Yahoo bot last visit powered by  Bots Visit Free Auto Backlink Free Auto Backlink Free Auto Backlink Free Auto Backlink Free Auto Backlink Free Automatic Backlink Blog Directory